Our School Aims
Our school aims to achieve success for all by:
1. Providing a child centered, inclusive curriculum that supports independent, creative learning.
- To work competently and confidently and make good progress in all areas of the basic skills.
- To develop oracy skills in order to communicate confidently and effectively with clarity and understanding.
- To gain confidence and competence in the use of Information and Communication Technology to enhance and extend learning.
- To provide opportunities for children to think creatively, enabling them to solve problems and apply their findings to real life situations.
- To grow as independent learners, providing opportunities for children to research and investigate subjects which are meaningful to them.
- To provide opportunities for well scaffolded child initiated learning enabling children to build on skills already acquired.
- Celebrate the work of all learners whatever their ability, working together towards success.
2. Developing confident, caring, healthy and happy citizens capable
of contributing to 21st century society.
- Providing a safe and secure environment in which we can all grow as individuals.
- Developing an awareness of self and others.
- Developing respect for others, particularly in relation to culture, religion, gender and age.
- To acquire a set of moral values on which to base their personal behaviour.
- Gaining an appreciation of their own and other environments.
- Encouraging and developing a healthy lifestyle.
- Participation in healthy activities both in and out of school.
- To feel self confident and happy, having a sense of achievement.
- Including families and our local community to take an active part in school life.
3. Creating a stimulating environment which promotes positive attitudes and where learning is FUN!
- To develop positive attitudes to learning, fostering each individual child’s learning needs.
- A realisation that we are all on a learning journey; that learning is lifelong and inclusive.
- Providing opportunities within our curriculum and beyond for children to enjoy and achieve in their learning.
- To maintain a learning environment which is visually stimulating, developing an appreciation of aesthetics and further enhancing learning.
- Establishing and upholding positive relationships with others, building emotionally literate human beings.
- To appreciate that both success and failure provide opportunities to learn.
- To appreciate that learning is a shared activity.
- Provide opportunities for everyone to smile, laugh and have fun.